After a short but crazy first week of school, I traveled with the yg to West Bend, Iowa.
We anticipated 8 hours of travel, but soon after we left we realized that it would only take about 6 hours. So, it was determined that we needed to take a round-about way to take up some time. We promptly got lost. At each intersection there was a debate on whether to turn left, right, or go straight. When the driver and his navigator finally gave up on reaching West Bend by way of gravel road they flagged down a car. We soon were on our way to West Bend, an hour and a half early.
So...how does one waste time in West Bend, Iowa? Oh, no problem. There happens to be an extremely famous grotto there. It was built entirely of rocks from all over the world and depicts the seven stages of the cross. It was interesting.
Anyway, we eventually wound up at the invite. As usual there was a lot of singing, eating, and fellowshipping. Some of the girls that I had met at Kendra M's wedding were there and I was able to spend a lot of time with them. I learned that I am related to a whole lot more people in West Bend than I had ever expected. Sunday night I learned that my host was my second cousin.
The drive home was not nearly as eventful. Altogether, it was a very nice weekend.
I have made it to yet another church. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
We anticipated 8 hours of travel, but soon after we left we realized that it would only take about 6 hours. So, it was determined that we needed to take a round-about way to take up some time. We promptly got lost. At each intersection there was a debate on whether to turn left, right, or go straight. When the driver and his navigator finally gave up on reaching West Bend by way of gravel road they flagged down a car. We soon were on our way to West Bend, an hour and a half early.
So...how does one waste time in West Bend, Iowa? Oh, no problem. There happens to be an extremely famous grotto there. It was built entirely of rocks from all over the world and depicts the seven stages of the cross. It was interesting.
Anyway, we eventually wound up at the invite. As usual there was a lot of singing, eating, and fellowshipping. Some of the girls that I had met at Kendra M's wedding were there and I was able to spend a lot of time with them. I learned that I am related to a whole lot more people in West Bend than I had ever expected. Sunday night I learned that my host was my second cousin.
The drive home was not nearly as eventful. Altogether, it was a very nice weekend.
I have made it to yet another church. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
waste
ahhaa i shall fix that.
Post a Comment