Well, this weekend was not relaxing. It was however a really blessed, awesome, enjoyable, amazing, crazy etc. weekend.
Friday me, ellie and kendra went shopping for food and filled 2 carts at Sam's. Then I went home cleaned my room and ran to timber ridge handicap home for a singing, and unloaded all the food for saturday into the fellowship hall. At 9 I made it to Mika's to have coffee with my school friends :). It was wonderful, we never get together any more, its sad. I had to be hard on myself and I got home by 10:30. Less than 12hrs later I was at the FH making lasagna for 200. A bunch of hyper girls in a kitchen is bad news...I successfully got cottage cheese all over ellie's face :). We made a huge mess and had to fire up the amazing dishwasher before noon. After figuring out the table decor and setting our mothers to work we had about 10 minutes to relax before guests arrived.
I was in charge of filling health kits for Haiti, which with a few set backs, went really well. We finished over 800 bags!
Supper went smoothly and so did clean up. We had a singing and a speaker...and then of course more food:) When we finally left, I had been in the kitchen for over 12 hours...
I kept ten girls overnight at my grandma and grandpa's. We laid out air mattresses on the floor and I slept on a couch. It worked really well. All of us girls got dressed and ready in plenty of time for church.
After church we sang (again :)... ) at nursing homes, and came back to church for another snack. Then we sent them all home. sigh.... so much stress and build-up for a whirlwind weekend...I went home and crashed.
:) It was an amazing blessing to host so many people.
(now back to the real world of studying and school)
In Christ
~Michelle
4 comments:
Yep. Crazy, exhausting, blessed, amazing weekend it was! So worth it though!
Had fun in the kitchen with you. :) Thanks for doing all the dishes, and keeping us entertained by your singing. :)
Ahaha! yes! washing dishes to singing in the rain :)you should have warned me everyone could hear! lol
Shelly, you didn't. haha. Maybe that's more effective than walking with a limp. :D
Heidi and I used to have a stash of our favorite pop in the fridge to destress when we did invites... good times. :)
haha. yes i did :). you and your DP...tsk even when the yg served lunch
Post a Comment