Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't cry over spilled milk...

Yup...it was one of those days.

This morning I gave a presentation...it flopped.
oh well...

This afternoon a migraine hit me right before I left for work. I went anyway even though I couldn't think straight...and then I had to play "brain games." I was so out of it I couldn't explain the difference between an animal and a mammal to the residents.

I eventually got rid of my headache. Just in time for someone to dump a whole glass of milk on me. uh...yah. I laughed, there was nothing else to do as I stood there in the middle of the dining room dripping.

The rest of work was fun. I got to talk with an old war vet about WWII. He and two of his brothers were drafted and he was shipped overseas to England. I could listen to WWII stories all day :).

I also played cards with Boots, and after he lost I had to assure him we weren't playing for money.

I like to whistle. There is an old man who, every time, will tell me: "Ein Madchen, das pfeift und ein Henne die Kraht..." translated into English: "whistling girls and crowing hens... always come to some bad ends" :) yes, and a literal translation of the German is: they ought to have their heads knocked off.
So I whistle...count to ten...he grins, clears his throat, says it in German, then in English and then chuckles to himself. I pretend to be embarrassed and he laughs til his face turns red.
All in a good night's work.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: