Disclaimer: this post has nothing to do with footwear.
Boots is an old man where I work. He makes my day. :) He's got a beer belly, and a pair of large glasses that slide down his big nose. He talks. A lot. He talks all the way through games, movies, supper, and while he's drifting in and out of sleep he gives a running commentary on how sleepy he is, and what he is dreaming about. When he's asleep his mouth shuts but he still tries to talk...
When he wakes up he'll squint his eyes and pretends he's still asleep and then, suddenly, he'll pop one eye open. He'll look at me and say: "I must still be dreaming, or I wouldn't be by a nice girl like you." Bahaha! If that isn't the cutest pick-up line I've ever heard I don't know what is :).
One time I asked him if he'd like to go in and listen to some music. His reply: "Only if you'll dance with me." I'm fairly certain I squealed.
Tonight though he was extraordinarily hilarious. A bear had bitten him, I had better stay away. He'd like to marry a girl like me, if I wasn't so young. He fell into the outhouse while tipping it, and mommy wouldn't let him come in because he smelled so bad. He was feeling "about two and a hill." He'd had too much whiskey or he needed a glass of beer. The teacher had hit him over the head for playing on the swings with me when we were supposed to be in class. And so on, each story led to another. Anytime I accused him of telling tall tales, he'd protest that he didn't, in fact, have a tail.
Without Boots work would be...well, work. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment