Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I've Arrived

After 24 hours I have safely arrived in Chennai, India.  I am completely exhausted.  The first flight was around 8 hours long and the second almost 10 hours. We had a 5 hour layover in Frankfurt in the early morning. 
We were greeted with flowers at the airport. 
I’ve maybe had 10 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. :P
A few things about India so far:
Everyone honks like crazy late into the night
They drive on the other side of the road
Its rain y right now
The showers don’t have curtains
The power cuts out
So, far so good. There haven’t been any major problems yet.  But I’m having fun! :)

Thanks for your prayers

In Christ
~Michelle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it! We'll keep praying for you.
Renee

Anonymous said...

Shell, I'll be praying for you. Hope all continues to go well:)~Kate W

Wendi said...

Good! So glad you made it safely. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

The name of your blog caught my eye, so I had to see what it was about. Great Tolkien reference!

I'll be praying for a safe experience in India and a safe trip back for you.

P.S. There is a slight mistake in your Tolkien reference: The Road goes ever on and on. Please forgive me for correcting it, because I'm glad you used the reference at all. - Nathan B

Michelle said...

haha i know...