I guess bad days do come here too.
Forget schedules here. If you try to live by a schedule you will go crazy.Like me.
Everything happens an hour later then planned. So, somewhere you have to make up for lost time and then you are scrambling around like crazy.
We were late to a meeting this morning and then late getting back to the hotel. So, we didn't have time for lunch. Then we were late leaving, so, we would have had time for lunch, which made us late to the eye clinic. We didn't have enough time at the eye clinic so, we didn't get to see anything. The buses didn't come on time so, we could have had time. Then we were late for the evening program that lasted way too long and we were way late getting back from that. uhg.
The eye clinic was cool. They are one of the largest eye clinics in the world, mainly performing cataract surgeries. They also manufacture the lenses that they implant in the eye. It was really cool but, like I said, we didn't get to see much.
The evening program was a traditional Pongal celebration. Pongal is a thanksgiving-like holiday that falls in January and runs for about three days.
It was more dancers. They did the same dances as the previous dancers but they weren't as good. We did get to see a guy ride a flaming unicycle. The music that they played along to the dances was so loud that I had to plug my ears the whole time.
And then, they lit off fire works. They were the closest I have ever been to fireworks in my life. I could feel the explosion. They were so loud. My ears still ache.
I guess it was fun in some ways. They would set them off when we didn't expect it and videotape us as the whole crowd would scream and jump. And, we each got a sparkler. yay.
I also got to watch my first cock fight. Its a tradition at the Pongal festivals to set roosters and goats against each other. I might have been the only one who wasn't whimpering about the poor roosters...Actually, I might have been the only one who thought it was cool. Am I a horrible person?
They also brought out two bulls and I thought they were going to fight...but they didn't.
It was fun in an odd way. Mainly because, after the annoyance, I will have stories to tell for years to come.
Anyway, sorry for whining. Thanks for your prayers. I truly am blessed.
In Christ
~Michelle
Forget schedules here. If you try to live by a schedule you will go crazy.Like me.
Everything happens an hour later then planned. So, somewhere you have to make up for lost time and then you are scrambling around like crazy.
We were late to a meeting this morning and then late getting back to the hotel. So, we didn't have time for lunch. Then we were late leaving, so, we would have had time for lunch, which made us late to the eye clinic. We didn't have enough time at the eye clinic so, we didn't get to see anything. The buses didn't come on time so, we could have had time. Then we were late for the evening program that lasted way too long and we were way late getting back from that. uhg.
The eye clinic was cool. They are one of the largest eye clinics in the world, mainly performing cataract surgeries. They also manufacture the lenses that they implant in the eye. It was really cool but, like I said, we didn't get to see much.
The evening program was a traditional Pongal celebration. Pongal is a thanksgiving-like holiday that falls in January and runs for about three days.
It was more dancers. They did the same dances as the previous dancers but they weren't as good. We did get to see a guy ride a flaming unicycle. The music that they played along to the dances was so loud that I had to plug my ears the whole time.
And then, they lit off fire works. They were the closest I have ever been to fireworks in my life. I could feel the explosion. They were so loud. My ears still ache.
I guess it was fun in some ways. They would set them off when we didn't expect it and videotape us as the whole crowd would scream and jump. And, we each got a sparkler. yay.
I also got to watch my first cock fight. Its a tradition at the Pongal festivals to set roosters and goats against each other. I might have been the only one who wasn't whimpering about the poor roosters...Actually, I might have been the only one who thought it was cool. Am I a horrible person?
They also brought out two bulls and I thought they were going to fight...but they didn't.
It was fun in an odd way. Mainly because, after the annoyance, I will have stories to tell for years to come.
Anyway, sorry for whining. Thanks for your prayers. I truly am blessed.
In Christ
~Michelle
4 comments:
sounds like they need to put up a ear clinic now....
trent
:) hahaha maybe they should
You and roosters do have a history . . .
yes we do.
Post a Comment