We visited an HIV clinic today and spoke with women who had been rescued from the sex industry. We also spoke with women and boys who are still currently in the business. It was so sad to listen to. The women had basically been forced into it by the needs of their children and the pressure from friends. The boys were so messed up.
The women cried as they spoke about their experiences. Their husbands had either left them or died of AIDs after passing it on. Some had sent their children away so that they did not have to live with the reality of who their mother was.
This was one of the saddest most amazing interactions yet.
...
We went to a school/orphanage for lunch and spent a little time with the kids. I know I’ve said it before but, they are so cute. We taught them how to high-five and they loved it. Some of them can speak a little English and they are able to ask our names.
I love the kids and I wish I could spend the rest of the time with them.
This evening we went shopping and I finally bought a few souvenirs. I also bought myself a shalwar kameez. I'm pretty excited.
*as for pictures- the Internet connection is really slow here I'm trying very hard to get a few up.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment