Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 15- sunshine

I am going to gloat here for a bit about how wonderfully sunny and warm and beautiful it is here....:)

ok. Anyway.
Today, I finished up my project and presented it in front of the students and teachers. They said I did good so, I guess I'll believe them.

The rest of the day I spent in the glorious sunshine reading Frenchman's Creek by Daphne Du Maurier. :)

In the evening we went to yet another Pongal celebration at a school, watched the girls dance and sing, and ate amazing food.

And that was my last day in Madurai. Tomorrow I leave for Chennai.

I'm going to miss the hotel staff here. They are so chivalrous. I think American men, including my brothers, *cough* could learn a lot from them. :) Seriously though, they are almost pushy about the way the will open that door for me. I can't even get into a van on my own. The door is opened and closed by the driver.

So, if anyone is ever in Madurai, I fully recommend the Meenakshi Mission Hospital Sunshine Hotel.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: