Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 8- more of the same and a lot better

It just seems to keep getting better here.
We continued our research/interview project today. I love talking with the women. They are so sweet. Today as we sat on the ground ants crawled up my skirt. I jumped up in a hurry and was flapping around laughing. The women all laughed along with me. Or at me. From then on, the women squished any ants they saw.  It was wonderful to be able to communicate without the barrior of language.
We also observed a telemedicine center.  The nurses and a patient were on our end and they were able to consult with a doctor over the internet. Blood pressure, heart rate, and something else could be seen or heard by both the doctor at the hospital and the nurses in the room. It was so cool.

From there we went back to the hotel and got ready for the evening. Most of us dressed in traditional Indian clothes and I finally pulled out my Saree.  The evening was a lot of fun. We watched more dancers and ate amazing food. The food seriously was so good.
We were fed off of banana leaves again and ate with our hands. I’m still not very good at it but I did try valiantly.
The night was so beautiful it was warm and the sky was clear. We watched the sun set over the mountains and the stars come out.  Who knew India could be so beautiful alongside such depression.

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I want to see you in your Sari. And I want to try it on.

you have no idea how green with envy I am....