Sunshine! :)
It’s warm and sunny here and I think I’m getting some color.
Today we visited microfinance organizations and a few businesses run by women who have taken out loans. It was so interesting.
For those of you who do not know- microfiananing focuses mainly on women because they take care of the children and the home. An organization gives a lone of $20 or more and helps them build a business. As they pay back their loan they also pay into savings. So, they are learning how to save money and they are building a source of income for their family.
We visited a group of women who made small flour patties to sell to restaurants and another group who made baskets to sell. It was amazing. Just seeing the loans in action and how it really does bring people out of poverty was so cool.
In the afternoon the kids got out of school. As we drove down the street kids waved and shouted at our vans. When we got out they mobbed us asking for pictures and practicing their English. they would ask us our names and how old we were.
We were also able to watch a group of women harvesting and drying rice and as we were leaving a neighborhood we were surprised with an elephant. Some of the girls actually got to ride it but, I was content staying on the ground.
That's all for now but, there is a lot more coming. :)
I'm loving it here.
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
Love the updates. I can't imagine seeing everything you're seeing and experiencing.
Still praying for your safety!
Glad you stayed on the ground:) in all ways! We continue to think and pray for you. What a lot we hope to hear and see!
I enjoyed my floating aunt bag and bottle and the blog post! I am pleased to be a member!
Love,
A. K.
Post a Comment